GRANTS AND CONTRACTS SPECIALIST
The Institute is seeking a Grants & Contracts Specialist to assist with the financial and programmatic grant processes of the Institute from pre-award through post-award and closeout. This position works closely with program staff and Institute directors to ensure accurate financial reporting and procedural compliance on all grants and contracts. This position reports to the Director of Grants & Contracts. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Initiates financial accounting for grants and contracts including documentation, compliance, reporting, and reconciling in accordance with their terms, conditions, laws and regulations such as 2 CFR 200.
- Issues subawards/subcontracts/task orders; initiates amendments, extensions and final closeouts as needed.
- Analyzes subaward/subcontract expenses against terms and conditions for allocability, allowability and reasonableness and assists the CFO with vendor tracking and payments.
- Maintains grants management system; assures integrity of data; assists Program Manager and CFO by organizing and providing information from the grants management system that is needed to maintain accuracy and completeness of the program management system and financial management system.
- Enters subrecipient/subcontractor invoice data in the financial management system; works with CFO to integrate systems.
- Assists administrative team with process improvement projects which may include procurement and travel reimbursement processes or others.
- Maintains electronic files related to all aspects of the grant cycle.
- Conducts analyses of grant opportunities and assists with proposal submissions
- Assists Director of Grants & Contracts with creation, dissemination and management of Requests for Proposals.
- Undertakes special projects as assigned or initiated.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and minimum of 3 years of specific experience in grants or contract management, sponsored program/financial accounting, or similar.
- Analytical capabilities with accounting procedures and software (preferably Quickbooks).
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail-oriented; professional and meticulous demeanor.
- Knowledge and application of best practices in grant management, contract administration, program management and financial management.
- Experience in non-profit grant management and accounting.
- Experience in all aspects of grant management including RFPs, pre-award, award, tracking payments, monitoring, post-award and subcontract management.
- Experience with federal and state grants/contracts and Louisiana state grant/contract guidelines and travel regulations.
- Knowledge of grants management software (preferably Cybergrants).
- Knowledge of program management software (preferably Microsoft Project or Celoxis).
- Familiarity or experience with scientific and engineering research, academic or coastal Louisiana contacts and organizations.
- Certifications in grants and/or contracts management a plus (CGMS, CRA, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons should submit a brief letter describing professional experience and interests, a resume, and the names and contact information for three references to Lyndsey Mitchell electronically at email@example.com or by mail to The Water Institute of the Gulf, 301 N. Main St., Suite 2000, Baton Rouge, LA 79825.
For additional information, please visit our website www.thewaterinstitute.org.