The institute invites applicants with an engineering background. We specifically seek outstanding applicants with a background in one or more of the following areas: hydraulics, hydrology, sediment transport, and numerical modeling of riverine, estuarine and coastal wetland systems. Familiarity with Geo-RAS, Geo-HMS, FEMA-type modeling and mapping applications is desirable but not a requirement. The duties of this position will include, but are not be limited to:
- Apply models, perform data analysis and interpretation to watersheds, riverine or coastal systems
- Write technical reports, deliver presentations at meetings and technical conferences
- Conduct various research tasks such as code development and customizations
- Participate in field data collection in support of research and modeling activities
- Communicate with clients, agencies and other collaborators
B.S. in Civil Engineering or closely related field is required. Outstanding recent graduates, as well as applicants with experience will be considered. M.S. or PhD are not required by will be considered. Additionally, candidates need to show evidence of thinking logically and acting decisively; exhibiting excellence listening and questioning skills combined with the ability to interact confidently with fellow staff; and working independently and in a team setting.
How to Apply
Interested persons should submit a brief letter describing research experience and interests, a Curriculum Vita, and the names and contact information for three references to Lyndsey Mitchell electronically at email@example.com or by mail to The Water Institute of the Gulf, 301 N. Main St., Suite 2000, Baton Rouge, LA 79825.